Freestyle Bmx - Drive yourself to the Limits
Freestyle BMX otherwise also known as Bike Stunt is actually the trick of maneuvering bicycles. Well, these bicycles are not your ordinary ones and they come with 20" wheelbase that are originally meant for races. Started in the late 70s and the early 80s, bike stunt reached the pinnacle of its popularity in the 80s decade but was soon robbed of it in the 90s. However, this temporary decline in popularity brought to the market rider-owned bicycle companies, which gave a fresh lease of life to the bicycles.
The Bike Stunt is divided into five major genres, namely Street, Skateparks, Vert, Trails and Flatland riding.
Street riding is exactly what it sounds like, the players use anything on the street to show their skills. Be it walls, banks, rails, gaps or anything that forms an obstacle, the best thing about being a street freestyler is that there are no limits and no stopping. However, those who try BMX Street have a different bike than the other types like Park or Dirt. Firstly, they are the heaviest and strongest types of bikes for these tricks, and secondly, they have two or four stunt pegs for grinding. In fact, these features make it hard to do Park or Dirt with the same bike.
Skateparks is the name derived from the parks that are meant for skateboarders, but due to scarcity of space, the BMX bikers are forced to practice there. Hence, much of the Saktepark tricks are influenced by the tricks that skateboarders do.
In Vert riding, two players ride on a Vert ramp that consists of two 'quarter pipes' that face each other. It is around 10 to 13 feet high and both faces of the ramp have an extended vertical transition.
Trails consist of a series of jumps built from dirt that is usually compact mud. The trick usually consists of taking a steep jump and landing at a slightly plainer ground.
Flatland is almost a lost form of art which has seen no popularity in recent years but has a loyal fan following. Flatland is usually performed on smooth ground and the tricks are usually spinning and balancing.
Different types of tricks
The basics of the freestyling tricks have always been the same and whatever new tricks that are found are usually based on these ones.
1. Air seems to be the most common and most preferred one. It basically consists of jumping in the air and landing with both legs on the pedal.
2. Bunny hop- making the bike jump off the ground without actually performing a jump.
3. Manual - where freestylers ride with the front wheel in the air, without pedaling.
4. Fakie - It simply consists of riding backwards
5. Grind - Slithering down any object without using the wheels.
6. Endo - where the bike is stopped with the front wheel and raining the back wheel in the air.
7. Wallride - riding along a vertical wall or anything similar to it.
There are sub divisions to these tricks, but these remain to be the foundation of all freestyling BMX tricks.
Related Tags: bike, bikes, tricks, street, bikers, stunt, vert, bmx
Robert Sheehan is a freelance writer and co-owner ofhttp://www.myacneskintreatments.com. Visit Robert And read more about treating acne athttp://www.myacneskintreatments.com/Acne-Treatments.html Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- A Look at How Saunas Are Healthy
Most people go to Saunas in order to relax after a stressful day or intense exercise. The act of sit
- The Rigid Training of Army Fitness Program
When you are healthy, it leads you to have a quality and enjoyable life. It improves your dispositio
- How Important is Finding a Dentist Speaking the Same Language With You
I personally hate to visit my dentist. Neither because she is a unprofessional dental care provider
- The Right Diet For Acne
Acne occurs when the over production of oil (sebum), from the sebaceous glands, clogs the follicle,
- Scrubs - The Health Care Worker Uniforms Trend
Throughout history, fashion has not usually been dictated by comfort or purpose. This is not the cas
- Hippotherapy is an Excellent Physical Therapy Choice
When the average person thinks of physical therapy, they immediately picture a trained expert and a
- Getting the Best Massage Therapy
Having a massage can help take away the feeling of tension and stress that runs through your body af
- Do You Have a High Risk Factor For Gum Disease?
According to the American Academy of Periodontology, there are certain factors that create a higher
- Where to Buy Pure Acai Berry?
Life feels so lonely when your friends shun you. However, have you ever thought why did this occur?Y
- Options to Keep in Mind Regarding Body Massage Toronto
The amount of stress that we all deal with on a day to day basis can have a harsh affect on our bodi
Most viewed articles in this category:
- What About The Zone Diet?
What Are Gums? Gums that are common food additives are also water-soluble, found in stems and seeds
- Serious Fat Loss Using Boxing Training
This brief article will outline a boxing workout you can use to get shredded and take your condition
Do you feel constipated frequently? Do you postpone your bowel movements? Do you exclude roughage fr
- Folding Mountain Bikes - your Travel Mates, your Convenience!
Folding mountain bikes are essentially practical bicycles, which are easy to store and transport. Th
- How Exercising Helps In Losing Weight
The beneficial effects of exercising were used to treat obesity since the beginning of modern medica
- What Physical Activity Is Best For You
As you may already know, physical activity and health come together, like a couple. Regular exercisi
- Treadmill Running Tips
Running is a beautiful way to get fit. It is so simple and so basic, and while it can be difficult a
- The Gestational Diabetes Fear For Moms
Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes that develops in pregnant women in 2-3% of pregnancies. F
- Low Carb Diet - Weight Loss Benefits
A low carb diet, as the name implies, is a diet that is low in carbohydrates (bread, rice, sugar, es
- Top Foods To Help You Live Longer
1 DARK FRUITS:Red or purple fruits, black grapes, blueberries, black cherries, black berries and