About Ethanol Distillation
No wonder, people are embracing the idea of producing bio fuels (any fuel derived from living organisms harvested within ten years before it was manufactured) - one of which is ethanol distillation.
To have a better understanding of what ethanol distillation is, let's get into the basics of ethanol.
Ethanol fast Facts
• Systematic Name: Ethanol
• Other Names: Ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, hydroxyethane, EtOH
• Molecular Formula: E2H6O
• Physically, ethanol may be described as a colorless, flammable, slightly toxic chemical compound that has a distinctive perfume-like smell.
• It is produced from sugar cane and used as automotive fuel in Brazil. Ethanol made out of corn, on the other hand, is being used widely as a gasoline additive and direct fuel in the United States. Straw, meanwhile, is being used to manufacture ethanol as well.
• Ethanol is currently the leading bio fuel provider in Europe.
A Little Bit of History
Mankind has been using ethanol since the prehistoric years as an intoxicating component in alcoholic drinks. Dried residues found in the pottery of Neolithic people from China serve as proof for this assertion. Persian alchemists who developed the art of distillation, however, first achieved its isolation as a relatively pure compound
In 1796, Johan Tobias Lowitz, produced the first absolute ethanol by filtering distilled ethanol through charcoal.
Many scientists and experiments after, ethanol was used as fuel for lamps in the pre-Civil War of United States, as well as power for Model T automobiles. Ethanol could not compete with the availability and low cost of petroleum, however, that it disappeared from the public eye.
Most of us already have an idea on how distillation happens. Let's have the production of distilled water as an example. When water is subjected to heat, it is expected that steam would conduct away from a tube. A tube looped and oriented downward and allowed to cool would yield condensed vapor and eventually, water.
Related Tags: ethanol, ethanol distillation, fuel, ethanol fuel, ethanol costs, ethanol production
Elliptical machines are an excellent tool for getting in shape quickly, although these are not cheap home fitness trainers the elliptical is known as a popular choice, and satisfaction ratings are high among its users. Learn more about The Elliptical Trainer uses and costs at http://ellipticaltrainer.zupatips.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Solar Power - A Sustainable Source Of Energy
Since time began, the sun was seen as a source of energy. Suprisingly only about 10% of solar energy
- Why Leopards Are Becoming Extinct
On the flooded marshlands of Mombo in the heart of the Okavango Delta, Botswana, there are fertile f
- The Different Kinds Of Bats
Most bats are found in warm places. Some are very strange: there are brightly colored, even spotted,
- How Bats Find Their Way In The Dark
People have always been puzzled by how bats see small insects in the dark, and how they avoid bumpin
- How Bats Live
Bats live together in caves or other dark places during the day. Just before dark, or before the sun
- At Home With Mr. Burroughs
Youth still peered out at me in spite of his crowning thatch of silvery hair when I first met John B
- Gas Fired Boiler Care Evaluation
Get Central Heating Cover And UnwindWhilst advanced heating boilers are reliable, at some point in t
- Environment Articles - India's strength and investments in Nuclear Energy Markets
Indian Nuclear Energy Markets Indian Nuclear Energy Market: An investment opportunity of US$55
- Environment Articles - Wind Energy is the fastest growing renewable energy sector in India
Wind Energy Markets in India India is likely to generate almost five times more wind energy cap
- Environment Articles - Ideas On Reusable Kids Lunch Boxes
If your kids are now in school, lunch boxes are what you need. Packing their lunch assures mothers a
Most viewed articles in this category:
- The Demand for Water and Water Privatisation
On TV recently you have Indian villagers complaining that coca cola had built a bottling plant in th
- Solar Powered Lights
All of our energy comes from the sun. Solar powered lights offer a low cost and do not pollute the e
- Simple Mold Removal Wihtout Cleaning Mold
Are you fighting with black mold and it keeps coming back? Use the correct methods for mold cleaning
- The Business of Saving the Planet
On a sweltering day during the summer, I called my business partner Michael to ask why he thought it
- Global E-Waste Dumping - How Does It Occur?
When people "donate" or "recycle" electronics and computers, they do so with good intentions, and th
- Earth Friendly Composting
Earth Friendly Composting Municipalities throughout the United States require residents and busines
- A Unique Overview of Yellowstone National Park
When it comes to national parks, it is hard to imagine a more famous one than Yellowstone National P
- Save the Planet Article 2
This is the second article in a series that examines common house-hold products, how their manufactu
- Air Testing In The Uk Building Trade
Part L Building Regulations 2000, which came into effect on 6th April 2006, is one part of the Gover
- Environmental Cleanup Challenge - Uranium Recovery and Soil Cleanup
The plant site was located in the sagebrush-covered desert of eastern Washington, and had 8 acres of