Self Assessment: How Effective is Your Web Site?
2. Branding is an important online marketing practice. A company usually has a unique color scheme/logo that sets them apart. To build more effective branding, the online presence should reflect offline marketing materials. If different colors or images are used, consumers may become confused or think that the company is unprofessional. If something familiar doesn't immediately jump off the home pager, they might not even recognize you. Always consider offline marketing materials when designing or redesigning a Web site.
3. Imagery is as important as the content of a Web site. Results-oriented imagery is the most effective way to get the consumer's attention. Consumers can better relate to seeing a happy family standing outside of a brand new house rather than Joe President or Mary Saleswoman on the home page. Imagery needs to assure consumers what they can achieve with the product or service being marketed and produce imagery that reinforces those feelings.
4. Web site content should always be in text format. Web site content in an image-based format wards off search engines. If you are not sure, ask your Web developer how the content is formatted. This can seriously hinder the Web sites search engine rankings, because search spiders cannot easily pick out important keywords that are partially responsible for boosting your rankings.
5. There should never be broken links on a Web site. It is a simple task to periodically check the links of a site to verify that they are working properly. Broken links are a huge setback in search engine optimization, especially for an issue that can be easily monitored and fixed.
6. Clear navigation is another very important feature of a successful Web site. Confusing navigation is a major reason why Web surfers leave Web sites. Setting goals and tracking the steps to achieve them can help analyze the effectiveness of a site's navigational structure. For example, submitting a Contact Us form on a Web site is a very important goal. Using Web statistics software, like Google Analytics, is an efficient way to track the path prospects must take to submit the form.
Creating an effective Web site can be a challenge and there isn't a clear-cut path to success. However, there are many aspects you can control that will help the process. Streamlining and regularly maintaining a Web site's content, links, and images may not solely drive a business to become a Fortune 500 company, but it can help to significantly increase the bottom line.
Related Tags: seo, internet marketing, websites, online marketing
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Hosting Geeklog Sites----Leading To a Booming Online Community
The weblogs are increasingly viewed as a cheaper alternative of expensive content management system.
- Take the Wheel - Drive Customers to your Website
So you own a small business and you have made the decision to build a simple website to gain interne
- Joomla Revolution! How This Free Software Is Changing The Web?
Joomla is changing the web, there is no one better sentence to describe what this young FREE SOFTWAR
- Spicing Up Your Blog with 3D Animated YouTube Playlists
People have blogs for different purposes, some people maintain a blog purely for commercial reasons,
- Free Image Hosting Service
Image hosting is a part of most web hosting services, providing hosting solutions for images instead
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Beyond the Brand
After completing a "Who, What, Where, Why and How" exercise, there are a few more steps to preparing
- Build A Better Website
Building a website isn't usually rocket science, but you have to do your homework. Just like buying
- SharePoint 2007 New Feature Overview
Sharepoint 2007 is in Beta 2 now and is projected to be released at the beginning of the year but n
- How To Install SharePoint 2007 Beta 2
Following are the detailed instructions on how to install SharePoint 2007 Beta 2 on a clean version
- How To Accomplish Your Goals With A Web Site
Choosing a small business idea to reach your goals is not easy. You'll need a strong spirit and dete
- The Best Web Sites Aren't Free
The best web sites aren't free. While you may be tempted to buy an HTML book and try to put a few we
- URL Forwarding and Redirection
Webmasters and common Internet users have a constant need for URL forwarding and redirection. The r
- Web Site Development with Ruby on Rails and Other Programs
Web site development is a very big business these days. Almost every company in the world is trying
- For Automated Sites - PHP and MySQL are A Perfect Match
You’ve decided to automate your web site. Now what? Here are some ideas to help you choose how
- Improving Website Performance
Images, graphic and flash animation ........ Many sites have images or graphics that are too large.