The 10 Best Strategies to Raise Your Metabolism for Almost Effortless Weight Loss
2. Eat a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack. This will help keep the fire of your metabolism stoked and prevent you from getting too hungry before your next meal. Ideally, you should always eat something at your first sign of hunger and stop eating once you are no longer hungry. If you picture your stomach as your body's gas tank, it should always remain between ¼ and ¾ full.
3. Eat a total of 8-10 fruits and vegetables everyday (one serving = the size of a tennis ball). One blended smoothie and one large salad will easily get you to this goal. Consuming this volume will provide your RDI for fiber, improve your cholesterol level, reduce your risk of cancer and heart disease and displace many other high-fat foods in your diet. This is the easiest way to easily lose weight and improve your health.
4. Limit your intake of beverages that have more than 100 calories to two per day. This will include soda, beer, wine, lemonade, hot cocoa, etc… Research shows that calories consumed from beverages will not replace other calories in your day. For example, if you drink a mocha cappuccino with 500 calories, you will not automatically cut 500 calories out of your food intake later in the day.
5. Drink two 32-ounce sports bottles filled with water everyday. Ideally, your sports bottle will have a straw, as it will help you drink it faster. You should be finished drinking the water at least 4 hours before going to bed so that you are not waking up to go to the bathroom. Your body requires water to break body fat down into a usable energy source.
6. Stop eating at least three hours before going to bed. Your body is preparing for fasting mode and does not need any extra calories while you sleep. If you always go to bed at 10p.m, your cut off time for eating is 7p.m.
7. Record everything you eat and drink in a Lifestyle Diary. When an individual who has lost weight finds that she is slipping back into poor eating and exercise habits, my first recommendation is to "pull out your lifestyle diary and begin journaling daily". The client almost instantly identifies the area where she has gotten off-track and can correct the problem before it gets out of control.
8. Move your body for 30 minutes at least 5 days per week. You can walk 10 minutes, three times. You can march in place to your favorite sitcom. You can do pretty much anything other than just "being busy" or working. Adding isometric (squeezing) exercises you can do while sitting at a desk or in a car to tighten flabby areas. You can do leg lifts while brushing your teeth or lunge your way to the bathroom.
9. Get a good night sleep on a regular basis. Research shows that sleep deprivation (as little as two nights with 5 hours or less sleep) will increase the body's production of the hormone greylin (appetite-stimulant) and decrease the hormone leptin (satiety hormone). This will cause an increase in your appetite and you will find that it takes a greater volume of food to be satisfied.
10. Weigh yourself on a regular basis. Monitoring your weight will help you stay on track with your healthy lifestyle habits. We would all rather deal with 5 pounds than 20.
Most people think you need to devote hours each day to preparing meals and exercising, yet you can make these activities a part of your simple daily routine. With the addition of just a few of these daily choices, most will find that they can increase their energy level and lose weight without restrictive dieting.
If you have a weight loss question for me, you can email me at Jill@ThinChoices.com.
The 10 Best Strategies to Raise your Metabolism for Almost Effortless Weight Loss: By Jill Fleming, MS, RD, Author of "Thin People Don't Clean Their Plates". www.ThinChoices.com
Related Tags: health, food, diet, lifestyle, weight, loss, healthy, metabolism, choices, eat, thin, people, dietitian, weigh, oz
Jill Fleming, MS, RD is a highly sought-after motivational speaker & Registered Dietitian. She wrote the book "Thin People Don't Clean Their Plates: Simple Lifestyle Choices for Permanent Weight Loss" to help Americans in their never-ending quest for the "magic bullet" to weight loss. She is the nutrition expert to hire for your community or organization's event if you want a presentation that is rich in content, motivation & very entertaining.
Jill was the cover model for Woman's World March 2005. She is featured as the nutrition expert for magazines and radio shows, including: Family Circle, Redbook, Prevention, Men's Muscle & Fitness, Woman's Health & Fitness, Health, HealthNewsDigest.com, Health Matters World Talk Radio, Donna Seebo Show, New York's WFAN and Stu Taylor Show (WBIX Radio Boston).
Jill leads by example. She lost 40 pounds 12 years ago using the THIN CHOICES(r) concepts that she encourages overweight, tired and prematurely aging individuals to adopt. She says that the dieting "all-or-nothing" approach to weight loss is making us fat.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Understanding Body Types And How They Affect Your Weight Loss Efforts
When you are trying to lose weight, the typical advice of changing your diet and getting more exerci
- Is Liposuction The Answer?
While it is one thing to consider liposuction, it is totally different to actually beginning the pro
- A Discussion On Liposuction
Cosmetic surgery immediately throws up a number of images. Be it trout pouts, oversized breasts or a
- Do Calorie Shifting Diets Work?
Calorie shifting diets are interesting in that you are not on a strict diet every day. You get to ea
- Biggest Loser Australia- Stay Within Bmi That Says You Are Healthy Not Obese
Obesity has increased to manifolds and has become a serious weight problem. A lot many people die th
- Mike Geary Review - The Man Who Designed The Truth About Six Pack Abs
If you are searching for a weight loss program that gives off the best results, you must look for a
- Isabel De Los Rios Review - Can Her Diet Solution Program Be The Answer To Your Problems?
The world offers many temptations in the areas of living a strong life and it has become a problem f
- Fat Loss 4 Idiots Review - Is It Really That Easy?
A lot of people want an easy weight loss plan that's effective and uncomplicated. And who wouldn't?
- Joel Marion Review - Why You Won't Quit The Xtreme Fat Loss Diet
Giving up or quitting is an entertained notion when you're losing weight. It's very common for peopl
- Weight Loss Tips - Discover Your Unique Body Type (and Shape) To Start Targeting The Problem Areas
There are three different body types.1) EndomorphsThese are people who tend to have bigger bones tha
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Reduce Weight With Didrex
What is it that comes to your mind when you think of losing weight? Is it that grueling exercise or
- Facts Regarding Hoodia
South African Bushmen for thousands of years uses this flowering plant that looks like a cactus plan
- Things you Should Know Before you Buy Adipex Online
Nowadays, online shopping is growing at a rate not observed earlier. The ease in which one can buy a
- Sharp You're Axe With Phentermine Before Conquering Obesity
'If I had six hours to chop down a tree, I would spend first four hours in sharpening my axe' this i
- Are There Really Effective Weight Loss Supplements?
The overweight are always looking for ways to help improve the success of their weight loss efforts.
- How to Get Rid of Belly Fat
How to get rid of belly fat is a question that many people wonder to themselves quite often, many pe
- Phendimetrazine: Answer to your Weight Loss Concern
Coping with obesity is not an easy task. Obesity makes you the butt of jokes, entices physical agony
- Weight Loss Hypnosis - The Truth About Why It Works
The word hypnosis never fails to conjure up images of something mysterious, shady or even downright
- Losing Weight Through Acupuncture
These days, there are many kinds of diets and methods for weight loss. Some may be healthy for you
- Liposuction / Liposculpture
Life is a gift given to us by the Creator that we should cherish. And being one of God's creation, w