Holistic Health Care Increasing in Popularity Worldwide
• According to CNN one-half of all medical schools now offer courses in holistic health care.
• Almost one-third of American medical schools-among them Harvard, Yale, John's Hopkins, and Georgetown Universities-now offer coursework in holistic methods.
• There are five homeopathic hospitals in Great British National Service.
• Traditional Chinese medicine has been chosen by the World Health Organization for worldwide propagation to meet the heath care needs of the twenty-first century.
• One out of three drugs prescribed in Germany is an herb.
• The World Health Organization estimates that between 65 to 80 percent of the world's population (about 3 billion people) rely on holistic medicine as their primary form of health care.
• In 1993, American consumers spent almost $1.5 billion dollars on herbal remedies-ten times more than was spent on over-the-counter sleeping pills from grocery stores and drug stores.
• Worldwide, only 10 to 30 percent of people use conventional medicine, 70 to 90 percent use holistic medicine.
• Approximately $22 million of U.S. government money has already been spent on alternative medical research since 1992 at the National Institutes of Health and Public Health Services.
• The American Medical Association (AMA), in Resolution #514, "is encouraging its members to become better in-formed regarding holistic medicine and to participate in appropriate studies of it.
• Mutual of Omaha says it saves about $6.50 in covering non-standard (holistic) treatments.
• 74 percent of the American population, desire a more natural approach to health care.
• Of the one out of three Americans who say they have used holistic medicine techniques, 84 percent said they would use it again.
• The U.S. government sponsors the use of acupuncture in drug rehabilitation programs.
• One out of every ten Americans is under the care of a chiropractor.
• In 1991, Americans made more visits to unconventional health care providers (425 million) than to conventional doctors (388 million).
• One out of three Americans were using unconventional medicine in 1991.
• Americans spent almost $13.7 billion on unconventional health care in 1991.
• 75 percent of that $13.7 billion (above) was out of pocket.
• 12 percent of Fortune 500 companies offer alternative medicine as part of their health care compensation packages. That percentage was expected to increase to 18 percent by the end of 1996.
• National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) A nationwide government survey of more than 31,000 adults on their use of complimentary and alternative medicine (CAM) showed that 36 percent of U.S. adults use some form of CAM.
Related Tags: diabetes, cancer, fatigue, body, mind, heart, fibromyalgia, pms, panic, holistic, spirit, tmj, lupus
Dorothy M. Neddermeyer, PhD, author, motivational speaker and inspirational leader specializes in: Mind, Body, Spirit healing and Physical/Sexual Abuse Prevention and Recovery. Dr. Neddermeyer empowers people to view life's challenges as an opportunity for Personal/Professional Growth and Spiritual Awakening. http://www.drdorothy.net Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Prrevent Alzheimer's Disease With Natural Lifestyle
No other disease stirs more fear than Alzheimer's disease. This mind robbing affliction is presently
- Stop Heartburn -heartburn Home Remedies
Heartburn consists in a burning sensation that starts in the lower part of the chest and can extend
- Biomagnetic Therapy - The History Of Healing With Magnets
At first glance, it may seem that using magnets for healing is a recent phenomenon, but using magnet
- Salvia Divinorum Ingestion And Possible Side Effects
Salvia divinorum is a psychoactive mint which is used in traditional spiritual practices. This drug
- Upper Back Pain - Natural And Alternative Treatments For Backache Relief
Upper back pain is not normally the result of a spinal disorder, but it is more likely to be caused
- Aromatherapy Massage Activates Your Emotional Memory
Aromatherapy is body and skin care treatments use essential oils to make you feel calm, relaxed, or
- Muscle Joint Pain Treatment And Herbal Remedies That Work Effectively
Muscle and joint pain is not at all a rare medical condition. It can be the result of certain diseas
- Lower Back Pain - 7 Useful Herbs And Herbal Remedies For Treating Lower Backache
Lower back pain is a common medical condition that affects almost everybody at some point or another
- Hip Joint Pain Causes And Effective Natural Ways To Get Relief
The pain in hip joint is also very painful. There are many causes of hip joint pain. Some of the mos
- Complementary Alternative Medicine For Cfs- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Have you or someone you are acquainted with been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? This condi
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Natural Remedy for Yeast Infection - Candida Albicans Symptom Help
For many people the cycle of yeast infection is complicated often by the use of antibiotics leads t
- Why Use Beeswax Candles? Beeswax Candles vs Paraffin
When you compare beeswax candles vs paraffin, pure beeswax candles are:More economicalBetter for you
- The Eyes Are the Soul of the Body - Iridology is Not a New Science
Iridology is by no means a new science. It is often said that "The eyes are the key to a person's s
- Aromatherapy: Your Guide to Essential Oils for Healing (A-B) from Aches to Burns
ACHES & PAINS - Chamomile, Juniper, Lavender, Rosemary, Marjoram, Birch, Clary Sage, Clove, Geranium
- The Healing Benefits of Vegetable Oils and How you Can Use Them in Home Remedies
The healthiest oils are made of olives, flax seeds, walnuts and cedar nuts. Peanut oil and corn oil
- Boost your Immune System
The main function of the immune system is to protect the body against various infections. It is the
- Whipworm Infestation A Possible Crohns Disease Treatment?
There are many alternative treatments for Crohn's disease; aloe vera isn't the only remedy out there
- Natural Herbs - Power of Herbal Medicine
Natural herbs can be used to cure many health problems. Here are a few ways in which you too can imp
- Miracle Healer, John of God of Brazil
THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE from around the world diagnosed as terminal or incurable by modern medicine trav
- What is Nutritional Healing
Nutritional Healing is an established scientific approach aimed at balancing the needs of the human